My cute orange house is available for your Austin vacation; go here to contact me and check the dates you’re looking for.
This 1950s house has 1,100 square feet of great living space, plus fabulous outdoor space, so you can stretch out in style during your stay! You’ll want to make it your home base during your Austin vacation for a whole bunch of reasons:
• Two airy bedrooms with original hard-wood floors
• One full bath with skylight (recently remodeled), plus a half bath with vanity mirror
• Two common areas, also with wood floors — one front room with panoramic window and lots of light, and one sunken living area for cozy lounging, reading, or board games and pullout couch to accommodate extra guests
• Spacious country-style kitchen with colored 50s vinyl-tile floor, lots of counter space for prepping food and gathering with family and friends over snacks (with dishwasher, refrigerator, brand-new stove, microwave, coffee pot, and all the dishes and cooking tools you need for your stay)
• Sweet covered front porch with wooden porch swing for whiling away the hours
• Spacious corner lot with a huge front yard, additional patio area with charcoal grill and group seating for relaxing, BBQs, and game-playing
• Paved driveway for off-street parking – room for two cars
• Pitch washers in the front yard! Click here for rules.
• Pets OK (with deposit and prior permission) – large, securely fenced backyard area for them to hang out in while you’re away from the house!
• Convenient to Congress (2 blocks), South First (2 blocks), Ben White (3 blocks), I-35 and even Mopac. Very close to St. Ed’s, and on the UT bus route.
• Easy walk to the #1 and #10 Austin city bus stops, and the #101 express bus stop as well.
• Two cruiser bicycles available for your use (at your own risk, of course!).
And most importantly, an awesome part of town: Drive 5 minutes to downtown and the state capitol or the funky “SoCo” (South Congress) district with its antiques, cafes, live music, and food trailers of all kinds … Walk to Hill’s Cafe for down-home cookin’ and music under the awe-inspiring live oak trees, or head to one of the several good nearby Mexican food joints … Ride your bike to the South Central Market for gourmet groceries or amazing prepared food … Or enjoy a flick at one of the more than 20 movie screens less than five minutes away!
Best of all, this place is located on a corner in a tiny neighborhood with no drive-through traffic. Very quiet, with great neighbors.
Here are more pictures; more will be added soon!